Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

torque wrench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Bronze Member

torque wrench

hey everyone just wondering what type or model of torque wrenches everyone uses. ive got a few pretty good torque wrenches from working on bikes but all of them are ft lbs. im looking for some torque wrench suggestions for one that i can use for my rifles but the only problem is most of them seem to start to high in the tourque range to really be useful. any help is appreciated.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

Re: torque wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud by design View Post
hey everyone just wondering what type or model of torque wrenches everyone uses. ive got a few pretty good torque wrenches from working on bikes but all of them are ft lbs. im looking for some torque wrench suggestions for one that i can use for my rifles but the only problem is most of them seem to start to high in the tourque range to really be useful. any help is appreciated.
I use a precision grade Snap On that is the screw driver type with a dial built into it. Found it on Ebay for about $50, and had it calibrated (was just fine). Remember a torque wrench is most accurate in the middle 65% of it range, and musch less accurate to closer you get to the max and minimum. (all of them) I like the dial type as I can see the reading build up as the screw turns and also if somethings amiss. The best torque wrench I ever used was a digitial one sold by Snap On that was similar to the one I have, but they were very expensive (extremely accurate).
gary