Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Top Gunsmiths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Top Gunsmiths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
I guess there is a bad past with this post and I just posted the Super Shoot stats. Personallly I didn't read the whole thread just the first page and figure what the hell. Many top gunsmiths out there but what many feel are top for some reason or another don't build the hummer gun. Over the years I have had many guns built by those smiths only to find out they were tops at one time and never kept up with change.
Indeed there is far more to it than reaches the eye.

There are smiths not on your list that do amazing work, just in a different venue of the same sport we all like.

Likewise, there are many many shooters not on your list that accomplish some amazing stuff when settled in behind a top notch gun.

We just all have to make our own choices and hopefully they all work out as planned.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Indeed there is far more to it than reaches the eye.

There are smiths not on your list that do amazing work, just in a different venue of the same sport we all like.

Likewise, there are many many shooters not on your list that accomplish some amazing stuff when settled in behind a top notch gun.

We just all have to make our own choices and hopefully they all work out as planned.
I just started to read the entire thread from start, only been a member since this past Jan. I have learned so much reading and getting great answers from this site. I would like to take the time to thank you for the replies you gave in such a gentleman manner to a real jackass. I happen to own a small landscaping business for the past 15 years and started out the hard way such as Kirby and others has done here. Its very aggervating when you put your heart and soul in your work to strive for perfection and contend with idiots. Its nice to see MEN like you step up for someone you have done good business with.
Mike
Old 06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

ss7mm

Thanks for the reply. I think I was just disappointed in myself for reading that whole thread - LOL

Len, you and the other moderators do a great job keeping the tone and direction of this forum focused. I use the same criteria in the forum I moderate. The view is just a little different from the cheap seats out here. I also have commend the membership for the civility that is ongoingly present.

Keep up the great work, and I'll try to keep my arm chair quarterbacking to a minimum - LOL

Southpaw
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33 View Post
I just started to read the entire thread from start, only been a member since this past Jan. I have learned so much reading and getting great answers from this site. I would like to take the time to thank you for the replies you gave in such a gentleman manner to a real jackass. I happen to own a small landscaping business for the past 15 years and started out the hard way such as Kirby and others has done here. Its very aggervating when you put your heart and soul in your work to strive for perfection and contend with idiots. Its nice to see MEN like you step up for someone you have done good business with.
Mike
Mike:

Thanks. I've been fortunate to not only have work done by, and purchased products from, some great people, but I also now have friends because of it and that makes for some great times and memories.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
ss7mm

Thanks for the reply. I think I was just disappointed in myself for reading that whole thread - LOL

Len, you and the other moderators do a great job keeping the tone and direction of this forum focused. I use the same criteria in the forum I moderate. The view is just a little different from the cheap seats out here. I also have commend the membership for the civility that is ongoingly present.

Keep up the great work, and I'll try to keep my arm chair quarterbacking to a minimum - LOL

Southpaw
Unfortunately, but fortunately for our readers, there were some things that went on offline that would really put a damper on one's opinion of some but none of that ever showed up in the forums, and that's a credit to some genuine guys that know when to just turn off the computer and go shooting.

The view is a little different, depending on what it says under your user name, and most would be amazed at some of the stuff that gets nuked before anyone usually even reads it.