Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Straight Shot Gunsmithing - endorsement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Straight Shot Gunsmithing - endorsement

With all these endorsements, you are certainly at or near the top of my list if I need a build. Keep up the good work.

- MR

Unread 03-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by James H View Post
Yes I talked to Nate 2 weeks ago this Thursday and he said he would see if he could find the receiver, I have not heard from him since.

The receiver is for a Heavy Gun I am building and time is starting to get short. It is getting late enough that I may not have time to finish it for this season.
More and more I am wishing I had gotten a Lawton kit. I could have had the rifle finished by now because I wouldn't have had all the issues I have had with the Phoenix, it has been an albatross since day one.
I am leaving for OK this AM to boar hunt, hopefully when I get back I will have the receiver.

When a man makes a humble and sincere apology for an error, a gentleman responds with grace. I sadly see no grace in your response. There is a saying... show mercy, get mercy... show no quarter, get no quarter... in other words, what goes around comes around.

If you ever decide to come to Montana to hunt, dont look me up.

- MR
Unread 03-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

I'm the proud owner of Nate's first 280AI -shoots like a champ.

It was finished well ahead of schedule and i can't say enough good things about Nathan -very friendly -modest easy going family man .

Nate - We'll be needing a 25-06 AI reamer soon i have a rockcreek .257 barrel in hand.

And the troubleshooting advice you gave me about my burris signature series rings possibly being overtightened on the bases [by me of coarse] causing the rifle to shoot WAY too the right was spot on !

Thanks -Mike
AIPAC for president !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Bronze Member

Nate is building my 300RUM and has been very patient with my questions about fluting, scope mounts, bottom metal etc. etc. and has forwarded me pics when my McMillan came a word he has been great to deal with and since my gun is close to being finished I am sure I will be singing his praises even more on this forum very shortly.
Unread 03-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Silver Member

sounds like a great guy and the groups with that factory ammo in a gun he built simply blow my mind. wish i had some $ and lived closer ( i hail from down under, nz).
hey mike what was that you mentioned bout over tightning your bases. never heard of that.