Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Steyr Mannlicher Stock replacement???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 08:42 AM

Steyr Mannlicher Stock replacement???

Hi Guys, this may sound like a newbie No brainer but...i have a .308 win SSGP2 rifle which i love dearly. However i have a little difficulty getting the most out of my NFX scope as it is so high.I have tried the after market tape on,velcro on cheek piece risers but they are not the best,also my main problem is that when it is positioned in place ,i cannot remove the bolt.So basically would anyone suggest a different stock /make that would fit,or is there a comb raiser kit which i can fit to stock like some of the Steyr Tactical models have.Ps i have limited facilities and no idea what fits what.Thanks all the same JH.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnalan View Post
Hi Guys, this may sound like a newbie No brainer but...i have a .308 win SSGP2 rifle which i love dearly. However i have a little difficulty getting the most out of my NFX scope as it is so high.I have tried the after market tape on,velcro on cheek piece risers but they are not the best,also my main problem is that when it is positioned in place ,i cannot remove the bolt.So basically would anyone suggest a different stock /make that would fit,or is there a comb raiser kit which i can fit to stock like some of the Steyr Tactical models have.Ps i have limited facilities and no idea what fits what.Thanks all the same JH.
McMillan makes a replacement for the SSG based on the A3 with an adjustable comb.

Custom rifles, fiberglass stocks, military and police training, tactical and competition gear, hunting accessories.

Stryker60
Old 09-02-2007, 06:53 AM

Thats really good.Looks like im going to start saving!!Cheers for info.John.