Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

SSG True Bore Alignment System

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Official LRH SPONSOR

SSG True Bore Alignment System

I recieved my True Bore Alignment System from Nate yesterday. I put it on and played around indicating some things in last night. This morning I decided to try it out for real. I trued a Rem 700 long action. After turning the screws the wrong way a time or two things started to click. When I had it within a tenth or two every way I could check it I started to machine. The face cleaned up in about .002. The lugs in .003, and the threads in about .010. The action really felt solid in the process. One other thing I noticed was when I slipped the indicating rod and bushings out they was no preasure at all. In the alu ficture before if I had the adjusting screws a little to tight the bushing would stay in the action. This tells me that it is being held in a stress free way. So far I give it an A plus. Nate, thanks for a quality piece. Dan
Old 05-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Official LRH SPONSOR

Re: SSG True Bore Alignment System

Ok the second one went much quicker and easier. Remembered in what direction to turn every screw. Still earns a A plus. Dan
Old 05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: SSG True Bore Alignment System

I'm planning on getting one of the True bore systems later this year, glad to see it's working good, sure seems like the ticket!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"