Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Something brand new first of many A-5 style stocks.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

Something brand new first of many A-5 style stocks.

SOmething less than a year ago I got a call from my cutter friend asking me to do whatever was necassary to find the material I had sent him a year earlier. I made a lot of phone calls to people in the industry before I was able to land the material. It was located at a large shop two miles from his shop in Minneapolis!!! Toughest material we have ever used. Absolutely inert and zero flex when cut in any and every direction. It always lays flat and it does not shrink, swell or warp.

Pictured above is a McMillan style stock inletted for a Savage though they inlet them for most anything. They are cutting these every 5-6 weeks depending on demand along with A2,A3,Tooley,Palma,F-class variables.

Price is a lot cheaper finished as seen by several hundred dollars. ANd the all come in 500+ variations of patterns and colors.

Check with Jim at centershotrifles.com. He has some pictures of the Tooley (blue) and others

Neal
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Gold Member

Re: Something brand new first of many A-5 style stocks.

Good looking stock, but it looks like it needs a relief slot in the cheekpiece for cleaning.

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 10-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Gold Member

Sounds great, who do I talk to about ordering?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: Something brand new: first of many A-5 style stocks.

Check with Jim at centershotrifles.com. He has some pictures of the Tooley (blue) and others.

For now Jim is the only one I know that carries these stocks. I know the cutter is planning to sell a few as well.

Neal
Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member

What is the weight running?

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Neal, hows it going man great i hope. Those are some good looking stocks id love to have one of those in digital camo.

I guess im going to have to send Jim a email and see what types and colors he has.

Thanks Neal appreciate it man,

Nathan.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 PM

I am in the market for a new stock and thought I had decided on one until I saw this thread, who can I talk to about getting one of these stocks?

Thanks