Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Snowy Mountain Rifle Co.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Silver Member

Snowy Mountain Rifle Co.

Iíd like to use this thread to introduce myself as a Snowy Mountain Rifle Co. outside sales rep. Iíve just joined the company and am excited to be a part of their team. SMR has been a sponsor of Longrangehunting.com for a few years now although prior to just before joining their team, I hadnít heard much if anything about them.
Iím sure many other people havenít heard of SMR either, so Iíll do a quick description of our services. SMR is a full custom rifle shop and can build pretty much anything a customer would like. I spent an entire day prior to joining the team learning about their operation and speaking in-depth with one of the owners, Jason Rigby, who is also one of the gunsmiths.
SMR generally use Benchmark and Lilja barrels but can also order nearly any other barrel manufacture a customer would prefer. One of the spec rifles thatís intended as an entry level custom rifle, the Paladin, uses a Snowy Mountain Rifles action fitted with either a Benchmark or Lilja barrel into a Bell and Carlson M40 style stock. For the components this rifle is built with, the price is pretty darn good. The new SMR 3600 actions are built by one of the best in the business, Glen Harrison, owner of Defiance Machine.
SMR also has other spec. rifles but once again, can build pretty much anything a customer would like. We also utilize McMillan, Manners and Russo stocks and Jewell or Timney triggers. If you are interested in pricing out a rifle, please give me a call so we can work out the details and make sure everything is best suited to your application and price point.
Other than building custom rifles, we also sell a variety of items including but not limited to Nightforce and Vortex optics, Suppressors from Surefire, Yankee Hill, and Gem-tech, tactical nylon gear, and a variety of knives.
I will be working with their web developers on updating the web site with a more user-friendly appearance and features as well as higher quality pictures and product descriptions. Bear with us a while until we get it sorted out please. We want to make sure the web site gives viewers everything they would expect in a highly dedicated company.
Please check out our web site at www.snowymountainrifles.com . You may also send me an email at nick@snowymtnrifles.com or give me a call at 406-480-4900 and Iíll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
On a personal note, I have about 16 years of service in the Army with a combination of active duty and National Guard. I am still serving in the NG and waiting on my Captain promotion. I have been to Afghanistan in 2003 and Iraq and Kuwait in 2011/2012. Iíve been shooting rifles since I was in 3rd grade and custom rifles since 2002. I try to compete in at least one big tactical match per year and I also use my match rifle for hunting deer, Antelope, coyotes, and prairie dogs. My wife also shoots in competition and also uses her match rifle for hunting.
Geb
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM
PUBLISHER

Welcome!

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: Snowy Mountain Rifle Co.

Thank you Len. Were those other pics suitable for that article?

Nick
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

Nick,

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country ... welcome!

Thanks for your service to our great nation.

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

Ed,

I live in GF! My cell is from the Eastern side as that was the home front, but we now reside in GF. Glad to see another LRH member from here.

Geb
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebhardt02 View Post
Ed,

I live in GF! My cell is from the Eastern side as that was the home front, but we now reside in GF. Glad to see another LRH member from here.

Geb
Cool, maybe we'll ran into each other someday. I retired from USAF in 2007 but still work on base.

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Last time I came through Great Falls, I had a campfire steak at Eddie's Supper Club. Maybe we can all meet there if the place is still open..

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"