Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Savage 111 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: Savage 111 build

take a look at pac-nor for you r pre fit barrel great product nice people you dont have to wait a year to get your barrel. there are a few other people here that run them on there savages.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
All the manufacturers will sell you a complete barrel, but if wait time is an issue then Shilen, McGowen, Lothar Walther, and maybe others build pre-fit barrels that are already finished and ready to be shipped.

Go over to Savageshooters.com and look in the vendore classifieds section, under "Northland Shooters Supply". Jim is one of the nicest guys to deal with, and wont hang up the phone till he is confident you are getting exactly what you're looking for. He sells McGowen and Shilen.

Northland Shooters Supply

BTW, Be sure to replace the factory recoil lug with a trued precision lug from either Northland or from SSS.
Sorry for asking but do you have a to be a member to purchase? Thanks!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogremccloud View Post
take a look at pac-nor for you r pre fit barrel great product nice people you dont have to wait a year to get your barrel. there are a few other people here that run them on there savages.
when I read the notes on the top of Pac-nors prefit barrel section it says that they are short threaded, and they need to be set back. If I understand this right its not something i can do myself
Old 10-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VjjR View Post
when I read the notes on the top of Pac-nors prefit barrel section it says that they are short threaded, and they need to be set back. If I understand this right its not something i can do myself
the Pacnor Savage barrels are fully chambered if they are set up for a barrel nut. You can also buy a Brux from Sharpshooter for close to the same money, and it's probably a little better barrel. But I like the chamber selection better with Pacnor and Shilen. Still if it's just a hunting rifle, you really don't need to spend the extra money for a benchrest grade barrel.
gary
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
Sorry for asking but do you have a to be a member to purchase? Thanks!

Ed
No, you do not have to be a Savageshooters member to buy from Jim. If he asks how you found out about him, just tell him. He is really a heck of a guy to talk to.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
No, you do not have to be a Savageshooters member to buy from Jim. If he asks how you found out about him, just tell him. He is really a heck of a guy to talk to.
Many thanks! I've seen many kudos on Jim, he seems to have what I need for my future project and will definitely contact him.

Thanks again.

V/R

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.