Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Richard Franklin (Awesome Smith)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Bronze Member
Buffalobob, REALLY BRO!!!! we have guys on here killing varmints with 200 and 300grn bullets. I bet there are a ton of guys on here who do the same thing wildcat does, I do. I guess you have no respect for anyone on this site. That was a joke post buy you!

Also, if you have read Wildcat's post, he has said on a number of occassions, he has shot another cstomers 300 Varminter. So, I think he can talk and give his opinion about it.

Unread 02-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member
I think he can talk
We agree on that part at least.
The Smokin Fur Rifle Club
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member
Once again, Thanks P44.

Unread 02-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Bronze Member
No problem Wildcat. This gives Richard some good press about his 300 Varminter and his builds.

Unread 02-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I aint calling his rifle crap, i am sure it will be a very well put together gun and i hope he is happy with it.

these opinions are coming from people who do this kind of shooting all the time and have time earned experince in what works well and what doesnt. several years ago i was doing the same thing he is and i argued my butt of on here with many guys i now call friends about how damn near this same set up was just the most "amazing thing". then i started listining and tried what they were talking about i'll be damned but it worked better!!!!

yes you can shoot and kill at long range with light bullets but the bottom freakin line is that you can be more effective and more consistantly accurate with a high BC bullet. that is what so many of us have courtously tried to help him with but we are constantly

you know what to hell with it, this is stupid and i am so damn tired of trying to be helpful. good luck with your gun but when you are missing 5" left and then 5" right of your target at 700yds and the guy next to you thumps your pdog with a 105 amax out of a 243 win dont come cryin to me

Len, sorry for arguing , trust me i am done and i wont bring it up again

have a good un
Steve Elmenhorst
Third Generation Shooting Supply
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Unread 02-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Silver Member
I'll be a shooting with Mr. Henry Eickfield in the next couple of days. If you want to know who he is, you can see his picture at Richards Rifle website. He is a good friend of Richard. He is from California but trek every September to Virginia to shoot chuck with Richard. He will be bringing his 300 Varminter. I'm taking him to shoot squirrel with me. I'll be shooting 155 Lapua with my 308 and the shot will be long, from 500 on up to 900 yards. I'll find out who can kill the most squirrel. By the way, the place is like a wind tunnel.
To achieve the maximum possible accuracy, all variables must be remove or at least minimize.
Unread 02-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Platinum Member
As always the proof will be in the puddin'.

You can't tell how you're doin by doin' what you're doin'. Ya gotta look at the results. Results will always tell the real story.
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!