Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Requesting advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Silver Member

Re: Requesting advice

I have a lathe so I would cut and re-crown, heck. Id do it for $25 just because I'd hate to see you have to spend the money to rebarrel. Good luck and if you need help PM me.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Bronze Member

For 300WSM I would opt for a rebarrel. There are many good barrel companies that will do this for you, or you can send it back to browning. As far as cutting a barrel down to 21" from 23", you may be sacificing a bit of the cartridges performance advantages.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:11 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks all for your advice. I Have already contacted browning and they Did not offer rebarreling in the branch in montreal. They suggested changing the whole gun as the price of the barrel is the same as that of a new rifle. I do nothing know if in the US the pricing is different. Does anyone know of a place where to get new barrel for my Rifle?

Finally, I want to apologize for my late reply as I was deer hunting. Yesterday I got one with a killer shot using the damaged rifle.