Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Remington 700 Pillars Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Silver Member

Re: Remington 700 Pillars Needed

NO 6. All stocks need pillars, even stocks with bedding blocks
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 AM
SPONSOR

Every H-S Precision stock I've seen already has pillars!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 AM
SPONSOR

Wow, I've never heard of accu-risers before either. I should dream up some gimmick to make $10.95. I've bedded hundreds of HS Precision stocks, if you know how to bed a rifle then these accu-risers are not needed. The aluminum bedding block acts as the pillars but there is some stock preparations before you can just throw in the bedding compound and call it good. There are subtle little tricks that some of us have figured out to properly stress free bed a rifle whether in a stock with a bedding block or in making and installing pillars. I'd suggest let some one who knows what to do do it for you, but on the other hand you'll never learn if you don't try one your self.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 11-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Silver Member

So what preparations are needed on a stock with a bedding block?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:36 AM
SPONSOR

There are subtle little tricks that some of us have figured out to properly stress free bed a rifle whether in a stock with a bedding block or in making and installing pillars.

This is just one of many things I won't share, I'm sorry. I make a living doing gun work. If everyone did it I'd be a door greeter at Walmart.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Silver Member

Oh ok so you can put down others items and me trying to learn to do something on my own while pointing out you know what you're doing and I dont but you can't actually help with anything the thread is asking about. I wasn't aware that you made the bulk of your money bedding rifles. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Back to the point of the thread. I am fairly new to working on my own guns, I have bedded a few but never one with a bedding block. So anyone who would like to actually help and give me some pointers I'm more than greatful for any information and insight you can give me. I like to learn as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 AM
SPONSOR

I believe you took me the wrong way. I'm not saying you don't know what your doing and merely pointed out that the accuriser seem like a gimmick. I've bedded lots of HS Precsion stocks and never needed the accuriser to do a good bedding job. I'm just letting you know you don't need them. Use them if you wish and I hope it works well for you. I'm only willing to give advice, not tell someone how to do something that took me trial error to learn for free. You wouldn't go to your car mechanic and ask him exactly how he fixes a certain part, it's his lively hood to do the work for you.

www.mcrifles.com