Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing


Reply

Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 229
Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

I have a 7 RSAUM on a Remington long action that has some extraction issues. I am considering replacing the stock extractor with either a Sako or an M16 extractor. Does anyone have an opinion on these options?

Thanks

Dan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,501
Re: Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZelenka View Post
I have a 7 RSAUM on a Remington long action that has some extraction issues. I am considering replacing the stock extractor with either a Sako or an M16 extractor. Does anyone have an opinion on these options?

Thanks

Dan
I have installed and used both and prefer the M 16 style extractor.

J E CUSTOM
__________________
"PRESS ON"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dayton, Nevada
Posts: 1,797
Re: Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
I have installed and used both and prefer the M 16 style extractor.

J E CUSTOM
I agree. The pinned M16 style is regarded to be a bit safer in the event of a rupture.

A Sako has the potential to come down the raceway toward your face.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 229
Re: Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
A Sako has the potential to come down the raceway toward your face.
That doesn't sound like fun.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 229
Re: Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
I have installed and used both and prefer the M 16 style extractor.

J E CUSTOM
For that cartridge, would you use the M16 or "mini" M16?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,501
Re: Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZelenka View Post
For that cartridge, would you use the M16 or "mini" M16?
For magnum bolt faces I like the M16.

J E CUSTOM
__________________
"PRESS ON"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 4,167
Re: Remington 700 -M16 or Sako Extractor?

Cheaper and better to buy a PTG bolt as you want it and sell yours.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC