Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Remington 700 bolt parts ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Remington 700 bolt parts ?

is this what u need ? send me a p.m.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Remington 700 bolt parts ?-dsc00288.jpg  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grit View Post
ahh. The ejector should come right out once the pin is removed. If it needs to be drilled you've got some corrosion. A bit of penetrating oil and a few taps usually do the job.
I really don't think you have ever changed one they don't just fall out. And mine is not corroaded it is a new rifle.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:12 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKIE2 View Post
I really don't think you have ever changed one they don't just fall out. And mine is not corroaded it is a new rifle.
I'm not sure anyone here knows whether you know the difference between an ejector and an extractor. The ejector has a powerful spring behind it and when a novice removes the retainer pin, they usually loose the sping and plunger, OR, it is stuck in its hole from corrosion. Extractors just don't "fall out",,,,, ejectors usuall do! Extractors on Remington Magnum bolts are held in with a rivet.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortgrass View Post
I'm not sure anyone here knows whether you know the difference between an ejector and an extractor. The ejector has a powerful spring behind it and when a novice removes the retainer pin, they usually loose the sping and plunger, OR, it is stuck in its hole from corrosion. Extractors just don't "fall out",,,,, ejectors usuall do! Extractors on Remington Magnum bolts are held in with a rivet.
I'm not sure anyone here knows whether you know the difference between an ejector and an extractor!
YES I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE MY EJECTOR AND SPRING IS JAMMED BACK IN THE HOLE FROM OVER PRESSURE THE RETAINING PIN IS REMOVED AND IT WILL NOT FALL OUT OR JUMP OUT AT ME. I HAVE CHANGED A FEW ON SAVAGES AND I HAD TO DRILL THEM OUT. AND I THINK NO ONE HERE HAS EVER CHANGED ONE IN THIS CONDITION.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member

If you have removed the retaining pin an the spring remained in place, what is holding there? I wouldn't look at it real closely without some good glasses.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKIE2 View Post
have it your way.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member

Everyone I've ever taken apart, either Remington or Savage has shot all the parts right into my hand or somewhere near the milling machine.

Seems like your having a history of malfunction that needs to be fixed so you don't have to deal with parts that have been swagged together cause that sounds like it's not fun!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"