Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Rem 700 DM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Rem 700 DM

Have a stainless Remington 700 with a detachable mag. Want to use gun for a custom build and want new rifle to have floorplate. This is the reverse most people go. Any problems in doing this? Probably stupid question but thought I'd ask.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Rem 700 DM

The floor plate most likely won't work. I have done a few and the bottom of the receiver is machined with no feed lips. The follower has nothing to stop against. You can mess around with the feed lips on the internal mag box but I didn't have much luck with it on a 300 Win. Mag.

Good luck with your build
Wayne
Old 05-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Rem 700 DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothshucker View Post
Have a stainless Remington 700 with a detachable mag. Want to use gun for a custom build and want new rifle to have floorplate. This is the reverse most people go. Any problems in doing this? Probably stupid question but thought I'd ask.

A standard BDL stock, after market bottom metal and a center feed mag box will fix you up
without having to deal with the action rails (They are opened up for the detachable magazine).

J E CUSTOM