Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Recommend a Book/DVD please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Bronze Member

Recommend a Book/DVD please

Folks,

I'm over in the UK and am interested in getting into building my own rifles - not for profit; just for me. Now i've spoken with some folks and have concluded that there is alot of mis-information and amateurs who consider themselves better than they are.

So i want to learn the correct methods; not cut corners or take chances. To that end, can you suggest a source of information for me - book, DVD, etc

Thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 10:31 PM

Re: Recommend a Book/DVD please

Here are a few that I would recomend.
"Advanced Re-Barreling of The Sporting Rifle" Book by Willis H. Fowler Jr.
"Accurizing the Factory Rifle" Book by M. L. McPherson
AGI : #201 CUSTOM BARRELING BOLT ACTION RIFLES -
AGI : #3124 BUILDING THE TACTICAL OR VARMINT RIFLE -
Hope these get you started.

Quote:
I removed the name of your company (or your employer)

Unless you are a paid Sponsor you may not do anything on the site designed primarily to promote your own business.

You may not link to any commercial non-Sponsor website in your signature. You may not include the name of any non-Sponsor business in your signature or in your Public Profile including the HomePage found there. This rule applies whether or not you are the owner of the business. You may not have a User Name that promotes your business (Bill's Accurate Guns). You may not post a message that is for the purpose of promoting your business with either text or pictures. Non-Sponsors may post replies of a helpful nature that involve topics related to their trade or type of business in response to requests for such general information from other members. Non-Sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may post "PM Sent" or "email sent" and the conduct their business off line.

Last edited by Len Backus; 07-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Recommend a Book/DVD please

Thankyou