Really stuck case
So...we have a big (I think) dilemma.
I have an older Ruger M77 in .243 and it has a case lodged in the chamber. I got a bunch of cases that are a lil bit too big, and tried to chamber one (stupid idea) that I had accidentally primed, but not loaded yet. It went in, but it wont come out now; the bolt will open and close all of the way, but the extractor wont grab on to the case. So we tried to pound it out with a 3/16 wooden dowel (an even worse idea), because the dowel broke off just inside the barrel with no conceivable way to get it out. Now we have a stuck case and a plugged barrel, not good.
So, question time.
1. Why is my extractor not having a death grip and just pulling it out?
2. How do I get the stuck case out?
3. How do I get the stuck dowel out?
4. How can I make the rest of the cases that are too big fit? They fit in the M70 but not in the M77.
5. Could I have (Before I fired the primer off) essentially breech loaded a fire forming load?