Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Question about shipping a rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Question about shipping a rifle

However, caveat.

I have been told by my local UPS store that "they" cannot ship firearms due to UPS policy.

The firearm must be taken to the UPS shipment center and handed over directly. Supposedly UPS told them that they want to handle all firearms shipments direct and inhouse w/o using their franchise stores.

I have never had an issue going USPS as long as I was shipping to and FFL dealer.

I also ship with a "delivery confirmation" and insured versus "registered" and insured. Delivery confirmation is .65 cents and registration is $8-10. Delivery confirmation gives you actual time of delivery logged into the system and can be tracked by a confirmation number on the receipt.

BH
Old 06-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Re: Question about shipping a rifle

It's also legal to ship a gun to yourself. I did that because I wasn't flying directly home and didn't want to transport the gun thru 3 different airports and leave it in a hotel for a few days.