Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

PTG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 10:01 PM

PTG

Anyone else having problems getting aresponse from them ? I have had a counterbore reamer paid for for over two months. Cant get em to answer the phone, or return email. Something going on thete Im not aware of? Thanks, Andy
Old 06-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: PTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by alintx View Post
Anyone else having problems getting aresponse from them ? I have had a counterbore reamer paid for for over two months. Cant get em to answer the phone, or return email. Something going on thete Im not aware of? Thanks, Andy
After seeing what they have done to SAMMI spec reamers lately,(going rogue and changing specs sometimes without customers knowledge) I will not use a single product of theirs. It sucks too, There fairly local too me.

Them colluding with Satern barrels have really put a hurt to the 6.5 Grendel cartridge, Adding confusion and causing pressure changes over the original (correct) design.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Silver Member

alintx

I just got a reamer and some gages from PT&G. Called them for status a couple of times. They always answered the phone right away and also sent me the e-mail status I had requested. The reamer looks perfect. They did not however meet their original schedule for the reamer. Dumb question I know but are you sure you are not slipping a digit on their phone number?
Old 06-25-2014, 12:54 AM
Platinum Member

I got my reamers and die blank.

Have not looked yet.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:19 AM
Silver Member

Have bought reamers and other equipment in the past from them. Not a lightning bolt when it comes to getting the order shipped but I have always been pleased. Hope nothing has changed as I planned on ordering some more tooling.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member

I had some issues when I was doing my last build so I ask why they went from good to bad service and the appologized and said they were in the process of expanding to a second building and trying to keep up with orders along with expanding and re organizing was difficult. I am hopefull that once that is done they go back to the way they were before.

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 06-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I returned some stuff to them 2 months ago. I still haven't received a credit to my card. Ive called a half dozen times and they don't have a clue whats going on. They will say they will look into it and call me by the end of the day. Only once have they called back and that was when they could tell I was starting to get a little ticked off. I called up last week and asked for Dave personally. He was busy and they left a message for him. I still haven't heard back. After I turn in my free reamer certificate Im not sure if I will be ordering much more stuff from them. That's just my recent experience from them. Before that they were very pleasant to deal with.