Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Problems with Lawton actions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Problems with Lawton actions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Eater View Post
The worst service I have ever seen! They are a joke,it is sad what has happened to Lawton.I would not trust them to make a dog house.
UCH!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:20 AM

I have to agree about Lawton's customer service. I bought a Lawton 7500 action and the scope base they sent with the action would not fit. I called and explained the situation and was told there was run of bad bases. They promptly sent me a new base, still did not fit. So now I'm pissed. You would think if you spend $950 on an action/scope base it would be right. I sent the action back to be checked. When I received it back the scope base was installed. All they did was open up one of the holes in the scope base so it would fit on the action. It looked like someone took a hand drill and wallowed out the hole. Needless to say I got a refund and will never deal with them again. To top it off, they try to charge me a$90 restocking fee for returning the action.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Silver Member

What a shame a few years back they were one of the best.

With this said buy Surgeon Actions
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member

So far it sounds like Lawton's problems aren't isolated...so what's happened...anyone have a clue? Is it cost cutting...to many orders...can't get qualified skilled employees...change of ownership? Any knowledge or opinions from anyone?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Silver Member

ive been out of the game for a while but the owner who is the nicest guy to deal with. ive spent hours on the phone talking to him years ago. Got very sick and i think his wife took over or is working on running it
Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Silver Member

Tagging the thread... Currently working out a few things... After 6 months...

I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Platinum Member

I haven't been in their shop since Barney passed, it's a real bummer to hear of problems with their stuff. My father in-law worked with Barney when he first started in town and I spent some time down there watching how things worked, Barney did some real cool stuff, it was when all the Cheytac stuff was starting to come into play. Just remember when your pissed that this is a small business in a small town and Barney was a key person in both, his passing has been a blow to this community and it will probly take a little to get thing back to where they should be. I hope they can pull it together, I need to get a barrel.