Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Pillar bedding a Ruger M77 Tang saftey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member

Pillar bedding a Ruger M77 Tang saftey

I glass bedded the original stock for this rifle years ago. It was a pretty strait forward thing. I ordered a laminated thumbhole stock and pillars, Pillars came today stock should be here Monday. With the front action screw being angled, I imagine this makes it not quite so strait forward. How do you guys go about pillar bedding this action? The dry runs before I put any goop in there will probably tell me a few things, but I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions.

I'm thinking a couple of steps, bed the recoil lug and front pillar first, . Let that cure then bed the rear pillar and the rest of the action, or am I over thinking it? The method I'm going to use is this
Stress-Free Pillar Bedding within AccurateShooter.com
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe