Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

P.T.G.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Silver Member

Re: P.T.G.

JGS often has what you need on the shelf. They might be more expensive, but the reamers I've gotten from them are very good.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Bronze Member

My experience with P.T.G. was excellent. They actually replaced a part for free that was ruined by the company I used for anodizing. The bottom metal kit I ordered had a steel (pot metal) latch and dissolved in the anodizing tank. PTG replaced the part because they sold the kit as aluminum. I did not ask them to replace the part for free. Shipping both times was the same day I ordered.
Perhaps they are overloaded like everyone else who sells gun parts. No excuse they should communicate delays to customers and not make promises they cannot keep. I tried to order parts the other day from a company that is 3 weeks behind on shipping for orders of in stock items. I'm just saying their P.T.G.'s customers service was excellent for me. Order times and availability of shooting supplies is crazy right now, and obviously some companies are handling it better than others.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Bronze Member

Gents.
Thank you for you replies. I suppose they must be very busy but i am a little disappointed they have not replied to my mails to keep me updated especially as the order is overdue by 2 weeks.
Maybe next time i will try another maker.
Thanks again.

Brit.