Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Next best trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Gold Member

Re: Next best trigger

How about a Jewell, then Jewell, then Jewell & last but not least a Jewell !!!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sperz208 View Post
From what i have heard is a shame the canjar is not around anymore. I was trying to adjust the factory rem trigger. I used lube, heat, and very light muscle and in the end the travel and the pull screw striped out, i was only able to adjust the sear. i would have to say it made for a glass 4lbs trigger (just need it a couple lbs lighter). Thanks for all the help guys!
I had a Canjar single set trigger on a Mark V. It was extrememly unsafe and would go off by itself while just sitting still. I got lucky and discovered the problem with no shell in the chamber.

Finally, I took the rifle apart and the "gunsmith" that installed it had a cheesy shim between the housing and the reciever which I removed and then re-adjusted the trigger. After that, it was very nice with no more issues. But, I had already developed paranoia and never really felt safe.

-- richard
Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Silver Member

I have really only just checked out a timney at a gunsmiths shop and was not impressed. I just knew I could not handle the crappy trigger that came in my sendero, the first gunsmith I took it to would only take the trigger down to 3lbs and that still was not good enough, so I decided to talk to Larry Scott and he assured me I would be very happy with a jewell so I got one and its the only trigger I will ever use. I just need to convince the wife into letting me put on in her gun. When George Vias was still here in Boise I had him work her trigger down but its still not that good. As soon as my new gun gets here my jewell will go in it. happy happy joy joy
Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member

funny that nobody even mentioned the Kelby trigger. A few folks rate it better than a Jewell
gary
Old 06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Bronze Member

Anyone ever work with the Shilen triggers? If they are anything like the barrels their may be something to be said for them.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Anyone ever work with the Shilen triggers? If they are anything like the barrels their may be something to be said for them.
I think Gunwerks may be using Shilen triggers.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Yes.

They are good triggers , but are essentially a Remington trigger that has been tuned, honed
and set.

I would use them in a heartbeat if I couldn't get a Jewell.

J E CUSTOM