OK, Thanks for you help and advice with this rifle. I sure needed it!
I drove 1150Km round trip up to the gun smith. When I got there he had too totally redo the job on the barrel again. It turned out that he had made a 0.100" error in reading a micrometer while machining the barrel chamber etc.
To fix it, he rechambered it and extended the tenon threads and pushed the shoulder for the recoil lug back etc. Basically the whole job was done again. The barrel was machined so as the brake and barrel flutes were indexed back where they were suppose to be. Hopefully this does not effect the bedding job as he did not redo this.
While he was at it, I got him to set up the lands so that a 300 grain SMK would be seated way out.
I tried it out today. I don't know how but it seems to show some promise as being an accurate rifle. I think the excellent 30" Lilja barrel that I selected for the rifle is playing a big part.
I fired 5 shots with mild loads of 88grains of H1000 to break the barrel in, cleaning between each shot. I got the rifle scope zeroed up at 58 yards in my back yard with these five shots. I only had one shot left so I worked out the dope for my 440 yard gong and let rip. So on the sixth shot I had a solid hit on my 440 yard gong just two inches left of center.
Tomorrow I will increase the charge weight in one grain increments and see what this baby will do.