Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Nervous about bedding my rifle...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Silver Member

Re: Nervous about bedding my rifle...

Ha! I'm sitting in the bass pro shops parking lot right now!!!! Funny. Message received. I'll contact you soon!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Bronze Member

Theres no mystery to bedding. Practice does make perfect though. It's mostly a quality thing. Take the time to prep things and fit them right. Pay attention all of the way through. A mill really helps but isnt necessary to do a good shooting bedding job just one that looks good. And when you go to pull the first one apart you will be nervous. It's actually fun to do and gives alot of satisfaction knowing that you did it yourself. You might consider bedding a beater rifle or maybe your buddies gun before you do your own! HA,HA
Old 12-21-2012, 07:36 AM

I too sat on pins and needles doing my first stock bedding job. I don't think I slept the night the bedding was setting up. My heart fell through the floor when the barrel didn't release on the first try. But a little more persuading and it all worked out great. This video clip is by Larry Potterfield of Midway USA on bedding. Gunsmithing - Glass Bedding a Rifle Stock Presented by Larry Potterfield of MidwayUSA - YouTube of course he would like you to buy the products but his approach is straight forward and a matter of fact. It's not rocket science or brain surgery. All the posted advice is dead on and will see you through to success. No guts no glory, go for it!