Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

NEED well recommended Gunsmith in PA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Silver Member

NEED well recommended Gunsmith in PA

Just wondering if any of you PA folk have some good recommendations for gunsmiths. I have a mauser action that I would like to send off to be barreled. I have barrel, chamber reamer, and go/no go gauges, and action. I just need someone to do the work. Basically I'm just looking for someone with a lathe that is willing to use all my stuff and only charge for time vested. I'll sign off on the use of my reamer and such because I know how particular some smiths are with using other peoples tools. Please offer input if you can.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: NEED well recommended Gunsmith in PA

I've referred people to Bob Green in York, PA, and they've been very pleased with the results. His turn around time has been very good as well.

Fitch
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." R. Feynman. (Last sentence of the Feynman appendix to the Space Shuttle Challenger Report.)
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowsnest2002 View Post
Just wondering if any of you PA folk have some good recommendations for gunsmiths. I have a mauser action that I would like to send off to be barreled. I have barrel, chamber reamer, and go/no go gauges, and action. I just need someone to do the work. Basically I'm just looking for someone with a lathe that is willing to use all my stuff and only charge for time vested. I'll sign off on the use of my reamer and such because I know how particular some smiths are with using other peoples tools. Please offer input if you can.
Dave Bruno. He's the man. Dayton, PA:

davebrunorifles@windstream.net

Old 06-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Gold Member

Do a search on this site for Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles. He's a sponsor on this site so you should have no problem finding lots of feedback on him. He's built one rifle for me in the past and his work is top notch.

Montour County Rifles