Re: need stevens model 200 help
Here's a copy from someone else's search find.
To remove the box - tape the tip of a straight-blade screwdriver with electrical tape.
- I used a small screwdriver at first, then a bigger one when it would fit
- Insert a small straight-blade screwdriver under L-clip. Try to get it as far forward as possible to avoid bending the clip.
- CAREFULLY work it upward from the recess - the rear of the mag box will start to come upward.
- Work L-clip upward by rolling the screwdriver side to side (edge to edge) instead of 'prying' to minimize bending L-clip.
- CAREFULLY insert small padded screwdriver between stock and front of mag box and CAREFULLY work it upward. It helps to apply slight rearward pressure on the mag box while doing this. Sorry, I no longer have the picture for this.
Alternate between front and back of mag box working it upward til it pops free. The rearward pressure on mag box helps to clear the front lip.