Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Need longer mag box installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Silver Member

Need longer mag box installed

Can someone help me out on this. I have a rem 700 lr 7mm rem mag on its way to replace my new 700 sps 7stw that was a pos from the start. I should have this rifle in a couple weeks, It will be be rechambered to the 7stw ,since remington couldn't replace my new gun in the caliber. I called my gunsmith and asked him if he would put an extended mag box in the rifle and he tells me that if I want to shoot rounds anylonger than the factory box I will have to single shot. Well maybe im just imagining things but why can I buy a wyatt ext mag box, if they can't be put in. He tells me that there is no more material on the action to remove to make it bigger. I was hoping that I can put a longer box it it and possibly load my rounds long if I wish and still be a repeater. Can it be done or do I need a diffrent smith?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Need longer mag box installed

The long box is not hard to do. Here is a Remington 700 I modified for the Wyatt CFE-9 3.990" box on a Lapua build.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.