Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Need Gunsmith Who wants my money?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Need Gunsmith Who wants my money?

SWM seeking a advenurous gunsmith to do the almost impossible, inlet a manner stock blank to fit a weatherby mark V. Perferibly from the northwest and might be interested in threesomes (more than one gun get your mind out of the gutter). Only inquire if your not to busy building long range guns and getting very rich with a 6 month waiting period (like all the gunsmiths and stock makers of the world). haha this should be interesting!!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Need Gunsmith Who wants my money?

I don't get it. Are you trying to find a smith or are you bad mouthing them in general?

Steve
Old 01-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Gold Member

I'm fairly positive if I was a gunsmith, I'd immediately ignore this thread. I hope custom gunsmiths make a good living commensurate with their talents, but I don't think any of them are "getting very rich." I sure as hell wouldn't want you as a customer. Just sayin.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Silver Member

Seems like the guy is just looking for someone who isn't booked up for 6 months. I think the getting rich comment was just a sarcastic jab at how busy smiths these days are. This is why there really needs to be a sarcasm font!
If I was a smith I'd take ya up on it. I like people that approach things with a sense of humor.
If there's anyone around you that has an idea of what they're doing with a vertical mill, they could probably inlet it for you without too much trouble. Might be the easiest way to fast track your work.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 PM

my frustration got the better part of me fellas. I don't have a problem with anybody getting rich it was more of a jab at a few around here. they don't even want to talk to you if you don''t want to buy a complete gun and nobody does any gunsmithing around here!!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPearl View Post
my frustration got the better part of me fellas. I don't have a problem with anybody getting rich it was more of a jab at a few around here. they don't even want to talk to you if you don''t want to buy a complete gun and nobody does any gunsmithing around here!!

I'll help you:

I'm frustrated, I can't seem to find a gunsmith in my area that has time to do an in letting job. Does anyone here know of a smith that I should use. I am in the NW and would like to stay as close to home as possible. Or perhaps one of the smiths that hangs out here would like the job.

Accept my sarcasm in good fun. Because your 1st post wasn't winning points with potential smiths.

Steve
Old 01-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

Have you called Shawn, Kevin, Kirby, Nate, myself, or Chad and asked if this work can be fast tracked thru their scheduale? Are you wanting just the inlet? Pillar bedding also? Is the action barreled? Wouldn't Manners inlet it? I have a build scheduale and I have a small items scheduale for the little jobs. I'm sure that some of the other smiths do as well. Have you checked the net for local smiths that can accomplish this task? Joel may have the inlet on his CNC and may-be able to crank it out fast for you.

Us guys out here who are getting rich building guns also get paid? to answer questions on the net, talk on the phone for an hour with prospective customers, order material, pack boxes for shipping, and do accounting work and janitorial services. Take the kids to daycare cause mamas out working for our health insurance.

I'm not complaining though, I love my job and thats why I do it. Their are plenty of ways to get your work done, I speak for everyone when I say we enjoy all our customers. The ones that are a PITA usually know it and tend to become a very loyal customer.