Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Min or Max Saami Spec Reamers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Min or Max Saami Spec Reamers

As long as the conversation started was about Min./Max, this may be a good place to point out that some of these tool makers and a couple of barrel makers I've had extensive conversations with still have manuel tool and cutter grinders in use! One barrel maker I can think of still makes all the buttons used in his shop on maunel tool & cutter grinders. Another, I can think of, makes his 'hook cutters' (for cut rifling) on a manuel tool and cutter grinder. Alterations to reamers, done on manuel tool & cutter grinders. These shops make some of the finest barrels/tools available. There is still "skill" out there. CNC is nice, but ya' don't have to have it if you have the skills available for those "one at a time" tasks, and there are companies doing it every day with the fine products they make. (they still use their 'shadow graphs' every day, no emptry coffee cups there!)