Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

McMillan Stock: will it ever get here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Silver Member

McMillan Stock: will it ever get here?

I ordered a mac A-5 back in feb. and I'm now out 20+ weeks with my smith telling me to call back in another month. originally I was told it would be 14-16 weeks. does it usually take this long. by the time I get the new rifle its going to be to late to start playing with loads and get a set of charts made up for my Wyo. antelope hunt! guess in the mean time I'll work on some new loads for the good 'ol 30-378. I just got some berger 210 vld's loaded up. man they just look fast and deadly!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

Macmillian could care less whether you go antelope hunting or not. One less customer means nothing to them.

Email Joel Russo. He is the guy who saved my antelope hunt last year when another big name stock company did not care if I went hunting or not.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member

Yep , give Joel a call and see what hes got , he may have somthing ready in his shop. He is a hell of a guy to deal with to.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

McMillan Stock

Alex, I ordered my stock in March. I called McMillan two weeks ago and they said I would have my stock by the end of July. I've ordered stocks from McMillan before, and they will take at least 20 to 25 weeks for delivery. McMillan always claims they will deliver your stock in 14 to 16 weeks, however, they never do. McMillan stocks are worth the wait, however, I think they need to let the consumer know they take more like 20 to 25 weeks for delivery.

I would call Joel too, if you need your stock soon.

Wildcat

Last edited by wildcat; 07-15-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Info
Old 07-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

The problem is that you ordered an A-5 stock which is widely used by our own armed forces and many other countries as well. When McMillan gets a big military order, all civilian orders are put on the back burner.

Frustrating but to be honest, the way it should be in my opinion. The military needs these rifles much more then we do right now. That said, it is frustrating. Currently I have around 15 A-5s on order. Those that I ordered at the first of the year are just now starting to arrive.

Other stocks seem to be shipped much sooner and closer to the advertised shipping times but the models used by the military can take a long time.

Be patient it will show up. In the mean time you may want to get something else ready for that pronghorn hunt just in case. Better to be prepared then not!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words guys...

If you're in dire straits, I can, and have put stocks out the door the next day.

I shipped a few A-5L stocks the day after I took the order. I took the chance on being paid, but I take a guy's word. Have'nt been burned yet, and that says alot for the members of the board.

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 07-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

thanks alot for the reasurance guys! I also appreciate the referal to joel (and the reply, joel) I guess I'll just wait it out. I totally agree our armed forces should take precidance over a civilian in almost any aspect. But it would have been nice to know it would be 25 or even 30 weeks from the get go. I would have still got the stock from them. It's going to be 50% tan 25% black and 25% white, in their marble finish. I hope it comes out nice as no one has been able to give me a good idea about what that combo looks like.