Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

mannlicher mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Bronze Member

mannlicher mounts

My father has a Mannlicher Schoener .270 1950. It is an excellent rifle except for the scope mount. It has a side mount that flips over, it has already costed us a deer. The mount is made by packmeyer. I have tried to seek out a mount that will not flip over however its not like looking at the weaver site where they list which rifle the the mounts are meant for. Its like you need to be a subject matter expert and already know exactly what you need prior to shoping. Can anyone offer any help.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Silver Member

Re: mannlicher mounts

Buddy, you ain't gonna find Mannlicher Schoenauer mounts on the Weaver site!

If you stick with a side mount (I would not drill the receiver!) do a search for a Jaeger side mount or a Griffin & Howe side mount. Be ready to spend some cash.

Search the internet until one pops up. Ebay too. Also, contact NECG (New England Custom Gun) and see if they can line you up.

The mounts will not be cheap, especially if you find a G&H mount.

As a last resort, you can drill the receiver and destroy the originality of the gun. This may not matter if the rifle is a shooter grade. S&K mounts can then be had, or old Redfield mounts can be found with some searching. Good luck.

Last edited by sakoluvr; 11-18-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Bronze Member

Re: mannlicher mounts

Yea I know I wont find mounts through weaver, I was just noting on how these other companies do not list what rifles the mounts will work for. Its like you need to know exactly what you need when you start browsing. I am not worried about ruining the originality of the rifle. It was my grandfathers and it will stay in the family. I just want to get the scope on a solid mount so we can feel more comfortable with using it again for hunting. Thanks for the info