Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Limbsaver on HS Precision

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Silver Member

Re: Limbsaver on HS Precision

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Darth Vader had a deep voice and he was a leftist.
James Earl Jones is the most right wing "Star Wars" major cast member.... but that is not saying much.
And he minimizes pressure by applying his force over a large area of his chair.
You should consider having just one of your elephant guns be purely functional and use an over sized recoil pad.
Your shoulder will appreciate it.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
You should consider having just one of your elephant guns be purely functional and use an over sized recoil pad.
Your shoulder will appreciate it.
Not necessary when using a mercury recoil reducer. Or a custom stock with a wide butt.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Bronze Member

Gotta go with edd on this one. There is no doubt the recoil pads are functional but hammered dog pookie comes to mind when looking at those pictures. Maybe if you removed the photo's you could save a little face.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
Gotta go with edd on this one. There is no doubt the recoil pads are functional but hammered dog pookie comes to mind when looking at those pictures. Maybe if you removed the photo's you could save a little face.
This argument will go on long after guns are gone
Form follows function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The engineers are a bunch of nerds.
The interior decorators are a bunch of fags.

We are all somewhere on the line between the two.
You pick your own spot on the spectrum.

I would say, "Be a man, be brave, have the guts to what's right, and don't sand that pad."
Old 11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
The engineers are a bunch of nerds.
The interior decorators are a bunch of fags."
I don't know what to say. I know some engineers that could kick both of our arses at the same time. On the other hand I have seen some fags that could do the same.

I knew a guy who used to paint cars for a living. He left runs, orange peel and dust in all his paint jobs. He soon went out of buisiness and never could figure out why. When someone would complain about the finish he would look at them like they were crazy.

Some people are just wired that way. They will never understand why the tatoo of satan on their forehead keeps them from getting a job. They will have garbage pilled up in their yard and cant figure out why the HOA and the neighbors hate em.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:

I would say, "Be a man, be brave, have the guts to what's right, and don't sand that pad."
That's why "Grind to Fit" instructions are included, in the package, with the pad!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member

Wow !!!!

This thread went to hell in a hand basket since I last looked at it.

My opinion is not important because everyone can do what they want, But I just have to say
that an unfinished recoil pad looks terrible and functions even worse.

One of the reasons for grinding to match the stock is to prevent it from catching on your clothing
when mounting the rifle. (The reason that most dangerous game rifles have butt caps and no
rubber recoil pads).

Recoil has nothing to do with manliness,toughness,size or any other thing, it is tolerance.
some have more tolerance than others simply put. so there decision to reduce recoil buy whatever
means is there preference.

Recoil pads do not reduce recoil, they minimize pressure points and distribute the recoil to
help prevent bruising.(Use a steel but plate and you will see what I meen).

On very hard kicking rifles I sometimes place a 25 lb bag of shot between me and the rifle for
extended range sessions to add weight to the rifle reducing recoil. But I dont glue it to the
rifle for use in the field.

So as a gunsmith I chose not to install Gel Cell recoil pads because I dont like the way they
look even if they are installed correctly and fit properly. I like a well made,well fitted and
good looking recoil pad or butt plate on any rifle, so no matter what others like I have a
choice and I go with craftsmanship every time.

Just my opinion for what its worth.

J E CUSTOM