Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Just finished a Lothar Walther barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

interesting thread

Thanks to all for sharing their experiences. I'm not a gunsmith (my brother is), but I still found the information shared here a good read.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

I think threads like these are great , their are so many differant ways to skin a cat and everybody does it differantly and disscussions like this help to shed lite on subjects that some folks may have questions about. I have found that alot of folks that visit disscussion forrums like these are scared to ask questions because of the all the "keyboard cowboys" out their that like to bash your question or bitch about the question if its been asked alot in the past , not everybody is realy computer literate and can use the search function well so they end up looking though months of topics for an answer that sombody else maybe looking to ask also. I'm a firm believer that their are no "dumb" questions only uneducated questions.
What if we started a thread on how to blueprint an action or install a barrel , their would be alot of differant folks putting their methods out their and alot of olks would probably be asking why that would work.

I'm not a gunsmith by any streach of the word , I'm a machinest/millwright full time and a police officer part time , I like to think I pretty damn good at both , I have folks ask me how do do differant things for each trade both that have years somtimes decades experiance for the sake of that they may not know how or just wonder why i do it the way I do. I'm always open for sombody to teach me somthing new weather it be a harder/longer way thatn I have or not , knowledge is a key that will help you unlock things on a day to day basis. Alot of the gunbuilders here build more guns in a month than I have ever built , I like to think I have apretty good grip on the right way to build a great weapon but some may think my ideas are crazy , and they maybe ,but ,they work and I'm open to learn somthing new. I look at machine work , martial arts , bodybuilding(my other hobby) CQB and about anything else I get into the same way and I think that everybody should.

Tom , I got my shoulder scoped Tuesday AM , its going good no pain killers needed post opperation , my range of motion is about 90% its still a little uncomfortable reaching over my head quickly. I'll probably be out of any weight lifting for a couple weeks. Working on getting parts for a couple new builds to replace the one I had to sell earlier this year.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jones View Post
Tom , I got my shoulder scoped Tuesday AM , its going good no pain killers needed post opperation , my range of motion is about 90% its still a little uncomfortable reaching over my head quickly. I'll probably be out of any weight lifting for a couple weeks. Working on getting parts for a couple new builds to replace the one I had to sell earlier this year.
Curious....

rotator cuff tear? arthritic debridement? A-C separation? Tendon rupture?

Pulsed ultrasound is a good passive modality post operative for the first few weeks, then conversion to continuous ultrasound to maintain control of potential adhesive scar tissue and potential calcific deposition. Obviously ROM is prudent; flex/ex, abduct/adduct, internal/external rotation, both neutral anatomical position and "baby arm."
Old 07-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member

Hey Derek , I sent you a PM to keep from derailing the thread.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jones View Post
Hey Derek , I sent you a PM to keep from derailing the thread.

You have a reply.