Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Jewell trigger install on a Remington 300 RUM Sendero II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Silver Member

Jewell trigger install on a Remington 300 RUM Sendero II

Good evening, I understand that some in letting is to be expected and would like to do this myself partly because I wanna learn and partly because of the time gunsmiths are needing these days. After the trigger is in I can finally shoot and I am anxious.
I was hoping to get some help via photos and description on exactly were the in letting will be required if at all, and any other advice. Sorry if this has been covered here before, but I couldn't find anything "specific" about what needs to be inlet. The jewell is the model with the safety, right hand with bolt release. Thanks, Dave
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Gold Member

Re: Jewell trigger install on a Remington 300 RUM Sendero II

Dave the inletting is done in the area of the safety, if you google installing a jewell trigger there are a couple of good sites with pictures. It is actually pretty simple.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Jewell trigger install on a Remington 300 RUM Sendero II

Whether fitting is involved depends on the specific rifle stock. Once the trigger is installed, mount the action and snug down the bedding screws. Fitting issues tend to show up mostly with the bolt release and safety. If either is sticky or inoperable, mark the protruding pins, or sections on the trigger assembly with lipstick or other indicator, and remove, a little bit at a time at the marked areas of the stock. A Dremel works well. You may be lucky and have it fit perfectly when installed.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt