Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Jewell Trigger Allen Wrench Size?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Jewell Trigger Allen Wrench Size?

Hi guys,
Just fitted a Jewell to my 243AI and I want to set the trigger up the same as my 6PPC. I noticed that there is two different sizes of allen (Hex) screws - does anyone know what size they are so that I can get the correct ones and avoid chewing the screws or wrenches?

Thanks.

Steve
Old 08-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Gold Member

Re: Jewell Trigger Allen Wrench Size?

.050" and 1/16th
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 AM

Thanks,
I will get on it this weekend. Having said that its streets ahead of the Rifle Basix without any adjustment.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Gold Member

I'd encourage you to get a set of the long pattern wrenches with a ball end.

This'll help out a bit when adjusting the trigger weight with the rifle assembled. Especially if its a glue in bench gun.

Bondus makes a set that's decent. Most Wally worlds carry them.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'll just throw this out there as friendly suggestion. If you want your trigger to work properly all the time and still be safe, this is what I'd suggest.

You start by tightening the sear engagement screw until the trigger lets the sear go and the striker falls. Then back off about 1/8 turn. That sets the sear overlap. Trigger weight is another matter.

Rapidly cycle the bolt in an effort to trip up the trigger and allow the striker to fall without actually touching the trigger shoe. It should pass this test. The gun should remain in battery. The "bounce" test of bouncing the rifle by the recoil pad on a solid floor is another method.