Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Jeweling fixture?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Gold Member

Jeweling fixture?

I have been looking for a Jeweling fixture the only ones I have found have been Junk.
Can you help?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Jeweling fixture?

Sad to say there are no gunsmith quality jeweling fixtures like the Wilcox available anymore that I've been able to find. My best suggestion is take the time and build your own or have someone do it...I wouldn't think it would be more than 50 bucks.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Gold Member

chas1..I was afraid of what you would say..this is the brick wall I have ran into.
I have acsess to a Bridgport Mill, and every tool I would need to build one.
I guess it will be done on the Mill.

Keith.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

Maybe you could post a pic of the one you build. Heck you might even get some orders from folks wanting to buy one.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Gold Member

I could make you one if you want.

I've never bothered as its easier for me to just do it in the 4th axis of my cnc.

I spose you'd need to be able to index it and hold between centers. No problem there. Could make it so that it registers in a slide that has indexing pins so you can set a stop on a drill press and then just bump it forward to the next pin hole each time.

Just some ideas.

Chad
Old 02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Gold Member

I was talking with my brother and showed him a Jeweling fixture, he said we can build one better than the one I tossed, I gave him the one I tossed and his mind started spinning.
He has the stock for this project and he said give me some time and we can call this a Government project.
Hey have stickers that would go on the axis like a protractor with degrees..and a tig welder, and a lock would be no problem.
I called my friends at Williams and theres is a cast iron fixture they have had well over 40 years.

Problen solved.....Keith.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesikaChad View Post
I could make you one if you want.

I've never bothered as its easier for me to just do it in the 4th axis of my cnc.

I spose you'd need to be able to index it and hold between centers. No problem there. Could make it so that it registers in a slide that has indexing pins so you can set a stop on a drill press and then just bump it forward to the next pin hole each time.

Just some ideas.

Chad
What would you charge me for a jeweling fixture? I would need it to jewel anything & everything from bolts, extractors, triggers, hammers, etc. my email is
randyedavis@att.net please contact me with a estimate.

Thank you

Randal