Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Its time for a high cap mag conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Its time for a high cap mag conversion

i think i did a dummy. Its sharpshooter supply that has this setup. sweeeeeet! i found a thread saying that 223 was still in r/d. Hope they get it soon. gonna be sweet.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member

CDI Presision has had them for awhile. I just looked at SSS kit, it looks good but I like the CDI better for the length of the mag release. One of these kits will be on my list for the next mod. CDI as far as I know is the only long action DBM and it looks like it will do WSM size cases which is what I need.

Try calling Lisa at SSS early in the morning and keep calling, I have yet to have to try more than three times, I have found SSS great to do business with!

CDI Precision Gunworks - CDIPrecision Gunworks
Old 06-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Bronze Member

That looks good too. hmmm more options than i thought. I wonder if the aics mags will fit this bottom metal. Just googled accuracy international 223 mag and i got a few hits, one of wich is bauerarms.com. they have 223 mags for 39 bucks but they look plastic and cheap. wonder if they work well. or even work with the cdi bottom metal. hope so. That would kick ass to have cheap 10 shot mags
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Bronze Member

So i called cdi this morning and talked to Jeff. Really nice guy on the phone. He definetly has the right stuff. He said he even made a small run of bottom metal for the T3 lite so lots of guys are gonna be doing this mod i bet. He says it comes with a template and instructions on how to inlet the stock. He also sells the 223 mags and they are infact plastic but he assures me that they are very good and warranty is good. sounds like i got a little saving up to do. bottom plate and 5 mags oh yeay. he did say that for the savage short action there is a bolt stop that either needs to be ground off or replaced with the same 308 part to allow the bolt to come back far enough.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

Sorry to bring this back, but I wanted to know what the OP did. ALso remembered while looking at the thread that there was a Mini-14 magazine conversion for remmies, although it doesn't help the OP much.