Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

How to adjust the new Remington 700 X-Mark Pro trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Gold Member

Re: How to adjust the new Remington 700 X-Mark Pro trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
No BS. If folks would do their homework they'd know adjustments are not to be made by the gun owner or anyone except the Remington factory or Remington authorized repair center. I'm sure Remington position on this is based on everything ranging from additional revenue stream, fewer lawsuits, marketing tool etc. IMHO triggers are not as simple a mechanism as some may think and adjusting one thing might affect another and should only be undertaken by a qualified gunsmith or in this case Remington factory or their authorized repair center. Otherwise you might have the gun go boom when it ain't supposed to.
I understand your point on this, but I think it's a little dumb of Remington to advertise it as a fully adjustable trigger (I realize anytime you fiddle with something mechanical, there is a certain risk that is taken tho lol), it leads the customer to believe it is meant to be able to be adjusted by them. Especially if you don't read the fine print.

I knew I was voiding the factory warranty when I did this, but I was not happy with the original trigger. I wish Remington had kept their old trigger, it was tunable to how you wanted if you knew what you were doing. The X-Mark you're limited to 1 real adjustment, unless you dissassemble the unit.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunthard View Post
it leads the customer to believe it is meant to be able to be adjusted by them. Especially if you don't read the fine print.
I see your point, hopefully with discussions such as this post enough word will get out so folks will generally be aware of what it really means.

Usually when I see something a little too good to be true...I immediatly go to the fine print so to speak (investigate) to validate if it's really all it's crocked up to be or is there a hook. Sounds like your thinking's the same as mine since you knew ahead of time it would void the warranty...smart on your part, can't be too careful these days where just about any marketing tactic seems to be fair play. Take Care.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
I see your point, hopefully with discussions such as this post enough word will get out so folks will generally be aware of what it really means.

Usually when I see something a little too good to be true...I immediatly go to the fine print so to speak (investigate) to validate if it's really all it's crocked up to be or is there a hook. Sounds like your thinking's the same as mine since you knew ahead of time it would void the warranty...smart on your part, can't be too careful these days where just about any marketing tactic seems to be fair play. Take Care.
Yeah, I know. I wonder if Remington treats their newer "externally adjustable" trigger the same way? That's just asking for trouble if they do lol.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:30 PM

are their newer X-mark pro with the "externally adjustable" trigger worth getting over the first model X-mark pro trigger? or should i just go after market???
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigmaned View Post
are their newer X-mark pro with the "externally adjustable" trigger worth getting over the first model X-mark pro trigger? or should i just go after market???

Timney #510
Old 12-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Silver Member

I know this is kind of a dead thread...

but I just adjusted the trigger on my new sps(well a couple months old now) and it is much better. still isnt a timney but its better. I've get it around 3lbs and its fine. I beat the crap out of it trying to get it to fire and never could get it to. I was scared I was actually gunna move my scope so I stopped @ that point.
McSwirly A-5
Jewel trigger
Old 12-17-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigmaned View Post
Jewell HVRT comes on the ďAĒ spring set at one pound. Between the A, B, and C springs it can be set from 1 Ĺ ounces to four pounds. It comes with a safety and bolt release. You may have to make a tiny bit more clearance for the safety but if my first wife had treated me like Jewell, she would have gotten anything she ever wanted too. Jewell ainít cheap but the sex is much better with no need for pills or therapy.