Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Hogue stock for SA staggerfeed Savage/Stevens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Bronze Member

Hogue stock for SA staggerfeed Savage/Stevens

I am looking to replace the stock on my short action staggerfeed Savage/Stevens and it looks like there are very few options out there and would like to know if anyone has one of the Hogue Overmold stocks with the full length bedding block and if so how do you like it and is it heavy?
Thanks, Frank
Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hogue stock for SA staggerfeed Savage/Stevens

Frank, not sure what kind of stock you are looking for, i have the same stagger feed SA and had been looking at the Hogue also. from what i have read some people don't like the rubbery feel and that doesn't bother me. i have an pillar bedded model on my SA remy and like it.
as for selection there are quite a few models for the stagger feed depending on your likes. they have sporter, magnum and varmint contours. for the 4.27 stagger feed, there are stocks from Choate, B&C, H-S and several others. depends on how much you wish to spend.
i'm not sure which one i want at the moment but i have time until i get my pennies saved up.
good luck on your search and hope you get the answers you are looking for.