Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Silver Member

Help!

Hey guys, I need a quick fix for my Kimber Montana (synthetic/stainless) in 300WSM. I had the stock shortened and a Limbsaver pad installed in Las Vegas before I moved back to Washington this summer. I was hunting elk in Idaho for the week and discovered the pad was loose. I am back to WA and getting ready to hunt blacktail and cannot have this rifle wrapped up with a smith. Can I remove the pad, apply some glue (which kind? Gorilla), and reinstall? I guess working out the bugs is all part of the fun, but I need to get this fixed ASAP. FYI I love the gun and will have it forever so it can be on there permanently.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Platinum Member

if the screws ahve worked loose then you can just tighten them but if they won't use some good epoxy like Devcon , apply alot of epoxy in the stock then install the pad quickly , stand the gun up on itsw but so that the epoxy will creap down into the litle spaces around the pad and puddel their till dry , use a very slow setting type and make sure that you rough the surfaces that any epoxy will stick to up and degrease VERY well
Old 10-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Silver Member

Thanks! I'll break it apart and give it a go this morning.