Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Character and Rifle Building

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWhirlwind View Post
It never ceases to amaze me as to what little value many people put on their honor/integrity/honesty or word.
I find that so many people in todays world just want to get the job done fast so they can move onto the next one.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Don't worry about who the bad smith is. Just send it to Kirby and then you won't have to worry.;)
I hear ya, I dont have my AM just yet, Ive done my wait and the end is near, and I have to say Kirby is "Johnny on the spot" with every issue, delima, or question not only from his customers but evreyone he has an opportunity to give educated answers or advise.

Here is one nobody has noted on but I have not seen him OFFER to build anything for anyone. We have gone to him, He will tell you what his rifles will do and what he expects but not once have I seen him offer his services. Everyone ASKS for his services. All his advertising is by word of mouth from information gained right here on this forum.

I will post a critique on my AM when it gets here on the AM page.....I intend on nitpickin it from one end to the other on craftmansship alone....then I m gonna do the same on performance. WHY? because thats how much confidence I have in him based on pictures and his reputation on this site.

Just a note, I had enough confidence that I paid 100% up front on my rifle (that will not get you special attention or speed up the process) because I believe he puts 100%++ in his rifles and builds them as if they were gonna be his own!

KIRBY ITS OK TO GRIN I BELIEVE EVERY WORD I WROTE! and like I said "we gonna make you famous one day!" And no need to Thank me for these words YOU EARNED THEM!

Last edited by NYLES; 10-11-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

My last post on this thread is a good example of how the written word can be misinterpreted. I re-read my post and it sounded like I meant that saying the name of the 'smith would make me puke. This is not the case. I was using a metaphor (probably not very well) to say that I didn't want to disrespect Len by slamming the guy on his forum (in his living room).

Further, I meant to add in my original post that Kirby adds a lot to this forum for which he is uncompensated. He doesn't have to contribute so much but does it selflessly to help others. It takes time from his busy day that he could spend in the shop or with family. Thanks, Kirby!!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Bronze Member

Festus, no problem, I totally understand about not wanting to put his name on this site. I think I know who it is. Thanks for the hint.

P44