I now have close to 300 rounds down the tube of this rifle. Low and behold I tried the regular Norma brass over the weekend and have NO extraction or case hang-up issues. I decided to try them again after going thru 100 nickel I had.
This a Kreiger chrome-moly barrel. It seems that this barrel has taken close 300 (273) rounds to break-in. It is obvious that I was seeing erratic pressure issues in the beginning and this was what had to be causing the pressure issues. This lead to the case extraction point. I can find no other explaination for this issue.
Right now I'm at 42.0gr of Varget BR-2 primers 2.800 OAL with a 140 Bal-tip doing 2785 out of a 21" barrel shooting a 3/4" group today. No pressure signs at all but velocity tells me I'm close to max.
Tomorrow I'm going fishing. Thursday I'll tune the Bal-Tips to <1/2"
Conversation today with my 'smith was glad to here of the improvement and that he has no explaintion either than that he had heard that cut rifling chrom-moly barrels do take awhile to break in but, that he would not have ever suspected more than 200 rounds. Had my Lghtwght .257 Weatherby do that to me.
Just thought I'd share with every one the out come of this and my experience with a chrome-moly cut rifling barrel. Thanks to all.