Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

bullpump rifle trigger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Bronze Member

bullpump rifle trigger?

how could i make a trigger for this stock i designed? my bull pump stock design
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Silver Member

Re: bullpump rifle trigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerspoons View Post
how could i make a trigger for this stock i designed? my bull pump stock design
Sorry to rain on your parade here, but I see you're from Manitoba, Canada. I'm from Saskatchewan, so let me give you a heads up...

Bullpup (not "pump") rifles by themselves are not illegal in Canada, but specific models of bullpup rifles are illegal. This is why some models are Canada-legal (TAR-21, Kel-Tec RFB) and some aren't (Walther G22, FAMAS, AUG, etc.).

Our gun laws also make it VERY illegal to convert ANY standard configuration rifle into a bullpup. Any stock, or conversion kit that puts the action behind he trigger can and WILL land you in jail if you get caught.

If you haven't built this gun yet, DON'T, and if you've already built............................................. . good luck.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskShooter View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade here, but I see you're from Manitoba, Canada. I'm from Saskatchewan, so let me give you a heads up...

Bullpup (not "pump") rifles by themselves are not illegal in Canada, but specific models of bullpup rifles are illegal. This is why some models are Canada-legal (TAR-21, Kel-Tec RFB) and some aren't (Walther G22, FAMAS, AUG, etc.).

Our gun laws also make it VERY illegal to convert ANY standard configuration rifle into a bullpup. Any stock, or conversion kit that puts the action behind he trigger can and WILL land you in jail if you get caught.

If you haven't built this gun yet, DON'T, and if you've already built............................................. . good luck.
i know its illegal and i wasn't going to build it i was just interested in how bullpumps work so i thought the best way to do it would be to draw out a working model, and if i ever move to the USA i can build it there.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Bull pup. Not bullpump. A lot of guys use xp100 triggers