Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Browning saltwood stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member
esshup, Thanks very much for the links. I put both in my favorites so I can go back and read up on them. The Easy-Green looks like a real possibility. I'll have to try it, or the SaltX.

BH and ICAN, You're probably right. Nothing that I've tried or have heard of anybody else trying ever worked, but this salt eating enzyme sounds worth trying.

It'll probably be a while before I fool with it, and longer before I know if it worked, but I'll post any results, good or bad.

Thanks to all, Tom
Texas State Rifle Association Life Member
NRA Endowment Life Member

A big fast bullet will beat a little fast bullet every time

Unread 08-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Re: Browning saltwood stocks

I am looking at a Safari Browning Olympia high power rifle for sale. I would guess 1967. Execellent finish and engraving. My concern is if it was a salt stock. There is no evidence of rusting on the barrel which was taken off the stock and there are no rust around any of the screws. I did not take off the kick plate only because it is too dificult. It has not been tested yet and I am not really sure how to go about doing that. Would it be a safe buy? I couldn't pass up the price at $4880. 00. Any suggestions?