When a bolt gun starts kicking vertical here's a few things I check right away:
1. Optics. Make sure they work right.
2. Guard screws. make sure one isn't bottoming out against the bolt
3. Magazine box. It should be able to move up and down between the floor metal and the feed lip mortises in the action.
4. Is the barrel tight? (As dumb as this sounds, I've seen it)
5. Are the scope mounts tight? Screws loctited?
6. Muzzle brake
7. Is the recoil lug sitting square against the stock? Is it bottoming out in the stock?
8. Are the guard screws tight? If its a 1/4-28 screw there's really no reason to much past 40 inch lbs on torque.
9. Is the floor metal sitting flat in the stock or is it bound up?
10. Barrel touching anywhere it shouldn't?
11. Weak striker spring?
12. Bolt handle hitting the stock?