Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Black Rifle Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
quicktimeracecars

Re: Black Rifle Question

Well thanks for all of the info. I guess on the next home rotation I will go to see the class 3 dealer and start the process. But since that is not for a month and I have nothing but free time I will throw some more questions out here. How long of a process is it typically. I know there is a background check involved. I think the application has to be signed by the Sherriff. (Guess I better make that campaign re-election contribution now.) Since it is just and upper do I have to register a specific lower with it or can it be swapped from lower to lower? Or since it is a short barrel does it have its own serial number on the upper? Because I would like to have the unit built myself.

Here that Nesika Chad call Mark C. and get the machines warmed up. I want the new shop introductory offer of buy two pimped out bolt guns and the gunsmith begrudgingly builds some black rifle parts.

Thanks again for all of the info.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

you can register the class three weapon to your self or you can register it to a trust or LLC ,the later two do not require th sign off from the CLEO (chief law enforcement officer) , all my suppressors are form one meening I built themmy self and registered to a trust with several people on it that way the can does not have to stay with me , my dad used one to shoot coyotes with.

I highly recomend that you get with a class three dealer and disscuss all your options as they vary from state to state and he will be well versed in all the laws
Old 08-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Silver Member

You will NOT be able to move it from lower to lower. It will be registered to one lower and that is all (unless you want to pay the tax for every lower you might use it on). Also you must have at least one upper for each lower that you own. It is illegal to have more lowers than uppers and an SBR upper.
If you want to build it yourself there is no problem doing that AFTER you get the tax stamp.

Last edited by Stormrider; 08-26-2008 at 03:20 AM.