Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

bell and carlson stock inlets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Silver Member

bell and carlson stock inlets

does anybody know if bell and carlson make a medalist or varmint tac stock for the browning x bolt? or are the x bolt and a bolt the same footprint/inlet? can a b and c stock be ordered un inleted and a smith inlet the stock to either of those actions? also does anyone have approx weights for either type of stock? thanx for all info!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: bell and carlson stock inlets

bump
Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Silver Member

Not Sure about the X Bolt questions. The medalist stocks are typically 22-30oz depending on the configuation you choose. I would recommend calling Stocky's Stocks at (561) 584-8500 they know everything there is about B&C and will help you custom order if need be. I have done a couple B&C Medalist custom orders through them and their customer service is awesome.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
Not Sure about the X Bolt questions. The medalist stocks are typically 22-30oz depending on the configuation you choose. I would recommend calling Stocky's Stocks at (561) 584-8500 they know everything there is about B&C and will help you custom order if need be. I have done a couple B&C Medalist custom orders through them and their customer service is awesome.
I second this. I've been bugging Stocky's with questions lately in my quest for stocks and they have been pretty helpful. I also called Bell and Carlson and bugged them for info on medalist stocks and they were nice as well. I even called Winchester when they had noone there to help me and they told me they would get tech support to call me back....The following monday I got a call from Browning. The guy was really friendly and helpful and could probably answer your quiestion about the X-Bolt. But, I can tell you that from what I've seen, the X and the A are probably gonna be different. I know the floor plate between my 1993 A-bolt and the X-Bolts is way different. I'm not sure about the recievers.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Silver Member

thanx for the replies!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Bronze Member

I did recently handle some X-bolts and to confirm....they are gonna be inletted differently than the A-bolt. My A-bolt has been hunted hard for a couple of decades+ and is a fine rifle, might I add. I haven't picked it up in a couple of years but I did the other day, and decided that I am gonna invest in it. I am gonna get it Cerakoted and put some new glass on it. A tangent I know, but I love my guns and might just love that one the most.