Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Bedding questions???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

Bedding questions???

First question. Is there a difference between pillar bedding, and full action bedding? Or are these the samething with a different name?

Second, which is the best method for bedding a H.S. Precision stock to a Rem action, with a factory barrel? Is this something that can be done by the average guy with home tools?

Third, after hunting season I will be upgrading to a custom barrel, and blueprinting the action. If I bed my rifle the way it is now, will I have to rebed again after the new barrel, and truing up the action?

Thanks for the help.
Garett
Old 05-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Bedding questions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearrow View Post
First question. Is there a difference between pillar bedding, and full action bedding? Or are these the samething with a different name?

Second, which is the best method for bedding a H.S. Precision stock to a Rem action, with a factory barrel? Is this something that can be done by the average guy with home tools?

Third, after hunting season I will be upgrading to a custom barrel, and blueprinting the action. If I bed my rifle the way it is now, will I have to rebed again after the new barrel, and truing up the action?

Thanks for the help.
Garett

Yes to #1

Yes to #2

And yes to #3

#1- You can bed an action into the stock as is, You can install pillars and no bedding, or you
can install pillars AND bed for the best job.

#2- the HS Precision already has pillars if it has the insert, so bedding it is strait forward.

#3-some will say it is not ,But i highly recommend that anytime you change anything you
should re bed. At least skim bed.

J E CUSTOM