Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Bedding the Accustock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Silver Member

Bedding the Accustock

I'm not a huge fan of the accustock but I'm stuck with it until I can finish building my own stock from scratch. So... until then... any advice on bedding the accustock? Lots of people say it's a waste of time, but I imagine that it certainly cannot hurt anything by doing it. I just want to make sure I'm not going to mess anything up by glass bedding the aluminum framing of it.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 AM

Re: Bedding the Accustock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the accustock but I'm stuck with it until I can finish building my own stock from scratch. So... until then... any advice on bedding the accustock? Lots of people say it's a waste of time, but I imagine that it certainly cannot hurt anything by doing it. I just want to make sure I'm not going to mess anything up by glass bedding the aluminum framing of it.

Any advice is appreciated!
Did you ever find anything? Im trying to find info on bedding mine as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Gold Member

I bedded mine and left the rear tang free floating. It improved the consistency of my groups and was well worth it to me.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninglover1 View Post
I bedded mine and left the rear tang free floating. It improved the consistency of my groups and was well worth it to me.
Do you have any pictures or video you could share? All I can find is Remington.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpoole View Post
Do you have any pictures or video you could share? All I can find is Remington.
If I can find some pics when I get home from work I'll send them to you. If I can't find pics I'll give you a detailed description of how I did it.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninglover1 View Post
If I can find some pics when I get home from work I'll send them to you. If I can't find pics I'll give you a detailed description of how I did it.
That would be much appreciated. I have been in contact with Nathan with Ballistic Studies in New Zealand and im using his Match Grade Bedding and I just want to make sure I get it right.