Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Barrel fit to stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

Barrel fit to stock

I was wondering about barrel fit and contours. I was looking at the B&C medalist stock with the adjustable cheek and L.O.P. I can't find a store anywhere nearby with them in stock so I have never actually seen one. Are they a good stock and my real question is, I'm just about done with having a rifle put together. It will have a #4 type contour, .850 at the taper near the recoil lug out to .650 near the muzzle. How much of a gap do you estimate will there be around the barrel. The only comparison I have done was take my Rem target 308 stock off and put it on a 7/08 with a lighter sporter contour to see what I was at. This combo had quite a bit of space, too much for my liking. Is this going to be a close proximation to the specs above. Thanks.......
Old 07-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Barrel fit to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyman View Post
I was wondering about barrel fit and contours. I was looking at the B&C medalist stock with the adjustable cheek and L.O.P. I can't find a store anywhere nearby with them in stock so I have never actually seen one. Are they a good stock and my real question is, I'm just about done with having a rifle put together. It will have a #4 type contour, .850 at the taper near the recoil lug out to .650 near the muzzle. How much of a gap do you estimate will there be around the barrel. The only comparison I have done was take my Rem target 308 stock off and put it on a 7/08 with a lighter sporter contour to see what I was at. This combo had quite a bit of space, too much for my liking. Is this going to be a close proximation to the specs above. Thanks.......
I would log on to = StockysStocks.com (MBI, Inc.) Home Page and look at the right of the home page .

And if you have any questions ask for DON and he will help you with any questions.

J E CUSTOM